[alsa-devel] Support for hardware amplifier

Felix Bruns abaoaqu at gmx.de
Mon Mar 13 13:39:23 CET 2017

Hi,

I am working on embedded device (using an i.MX6  MCU) which has an external amplifier.

Unfortunately I could not find much information if and how the gain of hardware amplifiers are controlled by alsa.
(The only example for hardware amplification I found is the arcam-av plugin...)

Is creating a plugin the recommended way of supporting (external) hardware amplification in alsa?
Can somebody clarify or point me to another example?

Thanks and kind regards,
Felix Bruns

ps: Sorry for posting this twice.