[alsa-devel] Fwd: Issue on Linux 4.12-rc7 on iMX6 based board

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 16:30:41 CEST 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:24 AM, gianluca
<gianlucarenzi at eurekelettronica.it> wrote:

> So, are they good?

If your hardware really uses these pins, then yes :-)

> My only concern is the value after the MSYS_CLK (GPIO_0_CCM_CLK01). It is
> 0x030b0. Is this correct for output clock signal?

Most of the boards use 0x130b0. You should really check with a scope
and see if the MCLK is getting to the codec.
I suppose it is as the driver can read its ID register correctly.

> I am missing the regmap. Should I configure kernel with additional CONFIG_ ?

mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug

> I started from the imxv6_imxv7_defconfig, then modified to have the correct
> drivers module as built-in or dynamic.

imx_v6_v7_defconfig should give you working audio.

You should check in this scope if your getting SSI clock/data when
playing audio.