[alsa-devel] cht_bsw_rt5645 mostly silent

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jun 1 08:53:04 CEST 2017

G'day,

I've a laptop on my lab bench with a Realtek ALC5645 codec attached to
an Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350.  Built-in speakers work properly.  Not
working are;

- headphones; only ever silent playback,

- built-in microphone; only ever silent recording,

- headset microphone; only ever silent recording,

- there is no response to headset jack insertion or removal,

It has never worked.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=f14914c88544d57f736ed6623000957c93bc4612
http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/z/1dCw32.txt dmesg
http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/z/1dD2qx.txt dmidecode
http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/z/1dGJdK.txt dsdt.dsl

I'm testing with 4.11.1 kernel on Ubuntu 17.04.

I've tried latest UCM/chtrt5645/HiFi.conf c8b344c.

I've tried using alsamixer to experiment with some of the 253 or so
controls.

I don't have a datasheet.  (My previous work was with ALC5631, for
which I do have a datasheet, and it was very helpful!)

Also in the box was an NTC thermistor cabled to a TRRS plug, which may
suggest a design with switchable decoupling capacitors.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/