[alsa-devel] Reset to clean state after snd_ctl_add_integer_elem_set ?

Fulup Ar Foll fulup.arfoll at iot.bzh
Tue Jul 18 12:30:30 CEST 2017

I'm using snd_ctl_add_boolean_elem_set and snd_ctl_add_integer_elem_set
to create some user kernel controls. While the operation work find I did
not find any simple command to erase all those controls.

Even "/usr/sbin/alsactl --init" does not remove those added controls.
The only way I find is to prevent  /usr/sbin/alsactlto happen during
reboot to really reset the ALSA driver to an initial state, which is
really not pratical when developing/debugging.

Question: is there a simple method to return to a clean and fresh state
after snd_ctl_add_xxxx without rebooting the machine ?

Thank you

Fulup