[alsa-devel] A problem about two microphones

Hui Wang hui.wang at canonical.com
Thu Jul 6 04:09:07 CEST 2017

Recently we met a problem, on a lenovo machine, it has two
microphones(one is microphone, the other is headset-mic), and both of
them are located in the front panel.

When the driver assigns names for them (via the function
hda_get_autocfg_input_label()), they are assigned the same name "Mic"
since they have the same location. So there are two "Mic", but the
pulseaudio can't handle two "Mic", in the pulseaudio, it can only handle
multiple inputs/microphones with different names, like "Mic" and "Front
Mic". If two microphones have the same name, we can only see one of them
through pulseaudio.

I don't know how to solve this problem, the simplest way to workaround
it I can figure out is to change one of the microphone's location, let
them have differnt location, then they have differnet names.
Pin Default 0x02a19040: [Jack] Mic at Ext Front
Changed to:
Pin Default 0x04a19040: [Jack] Mic at Ext Right

Do you have any ideas to solve this problem?

The alsa-info.txt for this machine is at: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24967758/

Thanks,

Hui.