[alsa-devel] ioctl(fd, SNDRV_CTL_IOCTL_ELEM_REPLACE, ... not working from userspace ?

Fulup Ar Foll fulup.arfoll at iot.bzh
Mon Jul 3 18:50:11 CEST 2017

Clement,

Are sure about this ?

The ioctl is called from /src/control/control_hw.c inside
snd_ctl_hw_elem_replace and this is for hardware controls.

At kernel level the iotcl point onto ./sound/core/control.c and calls
snd_ctl_elem_add_user(ctl, argp, 1) that itself calls snd_ctl_elem_add

Looking at this code I do not understand why the replace iotcl is
refused. Nevertheless it seems more to come from some lacking data in ly
ctrlinfo than because of access right (I'm testing as root)

Fulup