[alsa-devel] ioctl(fd, SNDRV_CTL_IOCTL_ELEM_REPLACE, ... not working from userspace ?

Fulup Ar Foll fulup.arfoll at iot.bzh
Mon Jul 3 16:02:54 CEST 2017

Hi,

I try to rename existing sound control from userspace. The goal is to
create a generic abstraction layer for AutomotiveGradeLinux audio server

While I found two hidden methods to access to low level functionalities
from user space, non of them seems to accecp replace call.

I isolated the code in two basic samples
https://github.com/fulup-bzh/alsa-ctl-replace

  - First one uses a directt IOTCL model

  - Second one leverage private sndctl control handle.

Any idea would be more than welcome.

Fulup