[alsa-devel] Cannot combine audio devices with more than 64 channels

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Sat Jan 28 00:14:52 CET 2017

On Jan 27 2017 22:16, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 14:03:16 +0100,
> Jörg Müller wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the patch, that was fast!
>>
>> So I want to apply that patch to my system (Ubuntu Studio 14.04). How
>> do I proceed? I guess, the patch wont be available via apt-get soon,
>> right?
>
> I have no idea about Ubuntu.  Ask Ubuntu people.

Ubuntu 14.04 is one of LTSs, while development for this release already
finished three years ago. Basically, packages for the release are not
updated unless some exceptions.

In your case, you can generate alsa-lib related packages with the patch
by your own. But no one can care of your packages and you need to do
everything to be required.; e.g. even if you encounter issues from the
generated packages, no one can help you.

$ sudo apt-get install build-essentials devscripts
$ sudo apt-get build-dep alsa-lib
$ cd /tmp
$ apt-get source alsa-lib
$ cd alsa-lib-*
(apply the patch)
$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b
(packages are generated in higher directory by one level)

Perhaps, the above command lines are not enough. Some packages are still
missing for packaging.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto