[alsa-devel] alsa-lib: src/topology/* is GPL2

Jordi Mallach jordi at debian.org
Tue Jan 24 14:42:43 CET 2017

Hello,

Today while I worked on the Debian packaging it was brought to my
attention that the license governing src/topology is different to the
rest of the library, and is not LGPL-2.1+ but GPL-2.

Linking in libtopology is the default in alsa-lib, and as I understand
it, mixing LGPL2+ + GPL2 makes the resulting binaries effectively GPL2.

I am sure that was not the intention for obvious reasons. The code is ©
Intel Corporation, so possibly this needs to be escalated there in the
first place.

Jordi
jordi at sindominio.net     jordi at debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/