[alsa-devel] Problem with alsa-compile.sh script on Linux Mint 18.1

Nali Waterfall nwfalls at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:02:06 CET 2017

Hello! I have a "Cannot install patch for unsupported distribution Linux"
error while trying to run alsa-compile.sh script. The script supports
Ubuntu which Mint is base on. What can I do to make it support Mint?

nwfall at desktop ~/alsa $ ./alsa-compile.sh
File environment.base is cached.
> cd /tmp/alsa-compile-script
Program git found.
Program autoconf found.
Program aclocal found.
Program gcc found.
Cannot install patch for unsupported distribution Linux.

nwfall at desktop ~/alsa $ ./alsa-compile.sh --help
Usage: ./alsa-compile.sh [OPTION]...

This is a script version 0.2.9 doing ALSA code compilation and installation.

nwfall at desktop /tmp/alsa-compile-script $ cat environment.base
protocol=http
distrib="Linux"
distribver="18.1"
url="http://www.alsa-project.org/snapshot/?package=alsa-driver"