[alsa-devel] gitcompile fail

Mark Brand mark.brand at nmmu.ac.za
Sat Jan 7 15:14:29 CET 2017

Thank you sincerely for your response, Clemens.

Please forgive my noobness, but is a full kernel compilation necessary?
I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 with 4.4.0-57-lowlatency kernel and my module
is closely based on the existing mtpav driver.  I believe I know where
to place my source file, and what modifications to make to the
appropriate Kconfig and Makefile.  I recall being able to specify which
modules I wanted to compile in arguments to ./configure (followed by
make modules), but I don't see that option anymore.  Please, could
someone point me in the direction of a valid, step-by-step procedure?
Every set of instructions that I've been able to find seems to now be
out of date.

Thank you again, in anticipation (and apologies too!)
Mark Brand