[alsa-devel] Better support for Focusrite saffire pro 6 usb 1

Juho Jokelainen juho_jokelainen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:10:18 CET 2017

From: Clemens Ladisch
>Juho Jokelainen wrote:
>> +               for (i = 0; i < alts->desc.bNumEndpoints; ++i) {
>> +                       if (alts->endpoint[i].desc.bEndpointAddress == fmt->endpoint)
>> +                               alts->endpoint[i].enabled = 1;
>> +                       else if (need_init)
>> +                               alts->endpoint[i].enabled = 0;
>
>This field is set by the USB framework; changing it from other code does
>not make sense.
>
>We need to track the state of the interface, not of the endpoint.
>

>Regards,
>Clemens

Is there anyone willing to take this code and make it into a feasible patch?
If not, would someone give me a rough estimate how much work I should
assume this to be, and possibly some contact where I can ask stupid
questions about kernel and alsa.
I know if I'm to refactor this code there will be plenty of those, and I don't
think this mailing list is the right place for them.

- Juho