[alsa-devel] [RFC v3 06/11] ASoC: hdac_hda: add ASoC based HDA codec driver

Ughreja, Rakesh A rakesh.a.ughreja at intel.com
Fri Dec 22 13:51:58 CET 2017

Hi Takashi,

I tried various things, but I could not unify the probe of the legacy hda codec
driver and the asoc library probe, mainly because all the APIs in the legacy
hda codec drivers require "snd_card" pointer, which is getting allocated by
the machine driver when the machine driver is loaded. So except the regmap
init I could not do anything in the legacy probe. So for now I have kept them
completely separate but I can do regmap init when the bus type is EXT.

Regards,
Rakesh