[alsa-devel] About ASoC DAIs cleanup

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Tue Dec 19 12:23:02 CET 2017

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 02:16:07AM +0000, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

> My quick idea is using "peripheral" flag.
> I think we can set it on soc_bind_dai_link() ?
> And we can use it like below

> 	for_each_dais(dai, xxx) {
> 		if(!dai->peripheral)
> 			/* non Peripheral == CPU portion */
>
> 		if(dai->peripheral)
> 			/* Peripheral == Codec portion */
> 	}

> But what do you think about this idea/naming etc ?
> I want to investigate more about Codec <-> Codec connection,
> which driver is using it ? Especially CPU portion

I'm thinking it might be better to keep the list ordered in the DAI link
- that will scale up better with multi-drop links.  What's going to be a
bit more tricky sometimes is working out which end of the link is a CPU
DAI but we can probably take a good guess easily enough on order neutral
bindings and things liken simple-card already know explicitly.