[alsa-devel] About ASoC DAIs cleanup

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Thu Dec 14 04:07:30 CET 2017

Hi Mark

Thank you for your feedback

> > Because many drivers are directly using rtd->codec_dai / rtd->cpu_dai,
> > and it is difficult to lookup CPU/Codec DAI from non categorize DAIs.
> > Thus, we can't support non-categorized DAI at this point.
>
> > Now Vinod want to use Multi CPU DAI.
> > If we can support Multi CPU DAI / Multi Codec DAI,
> > we can cleanup current DAI code more.
> > But what do you think ?
>
> Cleaning things up so we don't need to use rtd->cpu_dai and rtd->codec_dai
> would definitely be nice, it's also useful for CODEC<->CODEC links.  Off
> the top of my head wrapping the accesses with macros/functions then
> implementing a way of getting the DAI behind them would be tractable?

About cleanup rtd->cpu_dai / rtd->codec_dai topic,
I don't know we can do it at this point.
But, I'm happy to think about it.
I'm thinking like this
	1st step: add Multi CPU support
	2nd step: Share code between CPU/Codec DAI
	3rd step: think about No-Categorized DAI (if possible)

Because many drivers are directly using rtd->cpu_dai, rtd->codec_dai

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto