[alsa-devel] "alsactl store" fails to save Echo Gina3G mixer

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Tue Aug 29 05:33:17 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Aug 29 2017 00:34, S. Christian Collins wrote:
> However, when I try to save the Gina3G mixer:
>
>    alsactl -f ~/asound1.state store 1
>
> ...I get the following error:
>
> alsactl: control.c:2513: snd_ctl_elem_value_get_integer: Assertion `idx
> < sizeof(obj->value.integer.value) /
> sizeof(obj->value.integer.value[0])' failed.
> Aborted
>
> I have tried to find any info on this error online, but to no avail.
> Does anybody know what is going on here?

The value of 'sizeof(obj->value.integer.value) /
sizeof(obj->value.integer.value[0])' has fixed value (=128), therefore
the value of 'idx' is greater than 128, against expectation.

Would you get output from below command line for your Gina 3G?

$ amixer scontrols

And typically state data is stored into '/var/lib/alsa/asound.state' as
a default. For my information, could you disclose it if possible?

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto