[alsa-devel] ALSA: pcsp: Use common error handling code in snd_card_pcsp_probe()

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 22 17:03:00 CEST 2017

>> * I find it a bit safer when the error predicate is “return value != 0”.
>
> Can't agree.

How do you think about to reduce the probability that positive return values
will accidentally be interpreted as a successful function execution.

> And I have no interest to continue bike-shedding, sorry.

I do not like that you prefer to put this technical detail into such
a communication category.

> You can't convince me regarding this.

Would you still like to integrate the proposed refactoring with the use
of previous failure predicates then?

Regards,
Markus