[alsa-devel] non-blocking mode example

ThomasJF tsepp2001 at t-online.de
Sun Aug 13 13:19:54 CEST 2017

Thanks Clemens,

it is really not a small example and an uneven path to go through the
whole files... But may be you or someone else could answer my short
questions? I have read a file to buffer with "allframes".

1.) Do I use snd_pcm_writei(...) with a size of "allframes" or loop it
with smaller packages (periodsize)

2.) What are the actual functions to get the interrupt and send the
frames needed into the ringbuffer (standard I/O or select)?

If you start with ALSA you will find enough pieces of code. But it is
not very clear, because many pieces of cake are done with much elder
APIs from ALSA...

Best regards
Thomas