[alsa-devel] [alsa-utils] alsaucm should come with a man page

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Fri Sep 23 18:37:10 CEST 2016

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 18:30:41 +0200
Antonio Ospite <ao2 at ao2.it> wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 17:57:49 +0200
> Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

[...]
> > Go ahead, please post your draft version.  That's already helpful.
> >

> OK, I will.
>
> The first version will be in a readable text format (maybe asciidoc),
> this makes writing and reviewing the content a lot easier.
[...]

Hi, I am inlining below a man page written in reStructuredText, I saw
that other kernel subsystem are using this format.

The document can be converted to a unix man page with the rst2man
command available in the python3-docutils package (on Debian systems).
BTW, there is also a rst2html which can be handy.

Let's just review the content for now, but let me also know if you want
the groff man page in the final patch or if shipping this .rst and
generating the man page at compile time is OK.

Ciao,
   Antonio

=========
 alsaucm