[alsa-devel] usb: Novation Twitch not working on Linux 4.7

Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente raskolnikov at gnu.org
Wed Sep 21 19:39:28 CEST 2016

Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> writes:

> Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente wrote:
>>   $ aplay -D hw:Twitch -f S24_3LE -c 4 -r 44100 test.wav
>>
>>       Playing raw data 'prueba.wav' : Signed 24 bit Little Endian in 3bytes, Rate 44100 Hz, Channels 4
>>       aplay: set_params:1361: Unable to install hw params:
>
> Any error message in the system log?

Hmmm, today, the weirdest thing happened.  It worked!  For a while...
It worked with aplay, mplayer and jackd.  Then I tried with Mixxx (with
ALSA output) and it got "broken".  I reboot: it works again.  I even get
it to work on Mixxx.  But then I press "query devices" on Mixxx and it
gets "broken" again.  I reboot to try to see if I can make the sequence
reproducible: it does not work anymore.  I reboot: again and again and
again and it does not work.

When I say "it does not work" the symptons are exactly the same as I
said before.  Additionally, I just tried looking at `dmesg`, and I see
lots of this:

    [ 116.551873] usb 2-1.2: cannot submit urb 0, error -28: not enough
    bandwidth

Lol, one last funny thing.  I just tried again as I was writing this
Email: now it is working with all programs.  Oh, no!  I press "Query
devices" on Mixxx and it gets broken again.

I look at the logs for a while, nothing new.

Oh, now it works again!  This is driving me crazy...

Thanks anyways for the responses :-)

  JP

--
                                 ∿∿∿∿