[alsa-devel] Oxygen Possible Bug in FCM

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Wed Sep 21 08:47:00 CEST 2016

xerofoify wrote:
> Do anyone known of the best way to test this function,
> ac97_fp_rec_volume_put. Seems there may be a bug in
> it.

What bug?

> I do have the hardware so that's not a issue just wondering what
> the different between fp_rec and the standard
> get functions are in terms of testing.

The other functions use five bits, this one uses three bits.

(The AC'97 spec says the REC_GAIN register has four bits for the volume;
I don't know where the difference comes from.)

And the REC_GAIN register should affect all recorded signals going
through the AC'97 mixer (all except line in).

> Further more I am assuming this
> has to do with the fp headphones switch
> but I don't have headphones that are fp so is there another way to
> test this particular function without checking
> sound levels.

You could connect any microphone to the front panel connector.

Or check the AC'97 registers in /proc/asound/cardX/oxygen.

Regards,
Clemens