[alsa-devel] Problem in using few ladspa plugins

varun sood soodvarun78 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 13 15:10:59 CEST 2016

Hi Alsa Developers,
I am working on ladspa plugin using alsa lib .
There is problem with alsa library with those ladspa plugins where there is change in number of input and output audio ports from the ladspa plugin.E,g for ladspa plugin, if I do
analyseplugin surround_encoder_1401.soPorts: "L" input, audio
          "R" input, audio
           "C" input, audio
           "S" input, audio
           "Lt" output, audio
           "Rt" output, audio
There are 4 input ports("L","R","C","S") for ladspa and 2 output port from ladspa("Lt","Rt").
This is equivalent to 4 input channels and 2 output channels.
The alsa library does not handle this plugin properly. I receive segmentation fault on using this plugin in alsa chain scenario at line
if (pchannels[chn] == NULL && chn < ichannels)
in function snd_pcm_ladspa_allocate_memory in file pcm_ladspa.c

Similar issue I have seen in split_1406.so, which takes 1 channel input( 1 input port) and gives 2 channel output( 2 output ports).No segmentation fault in this case but it ignores the 2nd channel .
Is there a way to solve these problem ?

RegardsVarun Sood