[alsa-devel] Switching from default to plughw:0,0

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra13 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 03:20:54 CEST 2016

El 10/09/16 a las 20:46, Clemens Ladisch escribió:
> Gonzalo Garramuño wrote:
>> My problem is that when I choose the default, which is equivalent to plughw:0,0
> The default actually is PulseAudio or dmix.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens
I can confirm this is a bug in alsa/pulseaudio.  I managed to get the
same behavior out of vlc, by calling it with:

  vlc -A alsa --alsa-audio-device plughw:0,0
/media/gga/Datos/movies/trailers/Frozen-Let_it_go.mp4

and then switching back and forth between Pulse Audio Sound Server and
HDA Intel PCH.  When switching back to intel (plughw:0,0), the resource
is busy and the audio fails.