[alsa-devel] CIP Discontinuity with snd-firewire-digi00x

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Thu Sep 1 14:58:31 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Sep 1 2016 09:52, lin-alsa at noblejury.com wrote:
> This issue went away for a while, sorry for the radio silence. I'm now
> running 4.4.17-rt25-1-rt-lts. I believe that the relevant driver was
> merged into mainline since then.

The firewire-digi00x module was exactly merged to Linux 4.4. See:
https://ieee1394.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Release_Notes#Linux_4.4

> I've had a little more time to do some debugging, and I've discovered
> that the mixer connected light goes on and off a few times before
> turning off and requiring a hard reboot.

Hm. I have never experienced this kind of issue. For my information,
please show your OHCI 1394 host controller? Typically, 'lspci' is good
for this purpose.

For your information, I wrote 'hinawa-dg00x-cui' for this series of
units. It's in my repository in github.com:
https://github.com/takaswie/hinawa-utils

If you install libhinawa, gir1.2-hinawa-1.0, Python3 and PyGobject, the
command allows you to control your unit somewhat. For example, when you
change the mode of optical digital input interface, please run:
$ ./hinawa-dg00x-cui 1 optical-interface set ADAT

You can see all of sub-commands:
$ ./hinawa-dg00x-cui 1

And see parameters for each sub-commands just by run with the sub-command:
$ ./hinawa-dg00x 1 optical-interface

ALSA digi00x module still has several issues, but I think you have no
interests in it and don't address to it.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto