[alsa-devel] MOTU Midi Express XT

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Oct 31 16:01:02 CET 2016

holger at dehnhardt.org wrote:
> 29. Oktober 2016 21:28 Uhr, holger at dehnhardt.org schrieb:
>> 29. Oktober 2016 19:28 Uhr, "Clemens Ladisch" <clemens at ladisch.de> schrieb:
>>> Is there any message in the system log?
>>
>> Motu MidiTimePiece on parallel port irq: 10 ioport: 0xb010

In theory, this indicates that the driver has been initialized correctly.
But it doesn't actually check if the device is there.

A PCI device needs to be enabled before it can be used, and this driver
does not know about PCI.

The partport-serial driver gets loaded, doesn't it?

> I added a print statement to to __init function (see the code and arrow -> below).
> It initialises without error.
>
> static int __init alsa_card_mtpav_init(void)

The actual device initialization is in snd_mptav_probe().

Regards,
Clemens