[alsa-devel] MOTU Midi Express XT

holger at dehnhardt.org holger at dehnhardt.org
Thu Oct 27 08:16:50 CEST 2016

I own a MOTU Midi Express XT 8x8 interface which is connected through the parallel port. Recently
I upgraded my system and the new motherboard does not have an ISA parallel port anymore...
So I bought a PCI parallel port extension card - hoping that it will work with the ALSA driver
(mtpav).
So I changed the interrupt an port address in modules.conf but the driver is no longer recognized
as an ALSA driver even though it loads without errors.
As the device still perfectly fits my needs I would like to modify the driver to get it working
again.
Can anyone give me advice what should be changed in the drivers code to make it work on a pci port?

Thanks

Holger