[alsa-devel] Audio miniconference at LPC/KS confirmed-

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Sun Oct 23 01:30:55 CEST 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 08:42:15AM +0900, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:

> 1. Add tracepoints to pcm parameter processing in ALSA PCM core
> In my memory of our previous mini audio conference, some issuers are
> addressed about pcm parameters. This is my WIP related to it. The aim is
> to monitor changes of pcm parameter refinement processing just after
> calling ioctl(HW_REFINE/HW_PARAMS). See my working branch:
> https://github.com/takaswie/sound/tree/trace-rules

Do we need to discuss this face to face - are there concerns people have
about adding tracepoints or something?  I think it's a good idea to do
the tracepoints, I'm just wondering if we're going to have much of a
discussion or if it'd be a very brief thing.

> 3. Dropping dice driver from ALSA firewire stack
> A fatal quirk apperard that the most of TCAT ASIC called as 'DICE'
> breaks the least significant protocol as a sound device[1][2]. The
> chipsets don't transfer PCM frames as the same as current sampling
> frequency (it's sampling transfer frequency in IEC 61883-6 word).
> This is my suggestion to drop dice driver from ALSA firewire stack.

I guess this is something that is mainly going to be discussed by a few
people?