[alsa-devel] Audio on mx6q udoo

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 21:01:32 CEST 2016

Hi Maciej,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Maciej S. Szmigiero
<mail at maciej.szmigiero.name> wrote:

> I assume that you tested older kernel on this board and got proper output
> there.

Yes, I tested audio on Udoo's 3.14 kernel and it plays well.

> Even if you don't get any sound is playing time correct - that is
> does for example 30 second file play for 30 seconds?
> If not then it might be DMA or sampling rate setup problem.

Yes, the timing seems to be correct.

> Is the AC'97 codec model detected correctly
> (/proc/asound/card0/codec97#0/ac97#0-0)?
> If not then it might be some problem with accessing AC'97 regs
> (like SSI clock not running).

alsamixer reports:

Chip: VIA Technologies VIA1613 rev 3.

> You can also try to revert
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg54983.html to go back
> to RB tree register cache, maybe this will help.
>
> I have tried to run today's linux-next on my UDOO board but it crashes
> at boot somewhere in imx6q_pm_pu_power_off(), so unfortunately can't
> test it for now.

I see the same issue with 4.7.6.

Are you able to get audio working with kernel 4.7.6?

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam