[alsa-devel] any reason for include/uapi/sound header files not listed in Kbuild?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue May 31 14:29:51 CEST 2016

On Sat, 28 May 2016 21:10:32 +0200,
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i just noticed that, in include/uapi/sound/, there are three header
> files:
>
> * asoc.h
> * tlv.h
> * usb_stream.h
>
> that are not referenced by the corresponding Kbuild file. is there any
> reason for this?

There is no reason.  I noticed this sometime ago but forgot after
that.

> or, in general, is there *any* reason for there to be
> header files under include/uapi/ that are not listed in their Kbuild
> files? thanks.

Yes, they should be included in Kbuild file.  So far, all user-space
stuff is self-contained, keeping the copy of such files in it, thus
there was no complaint due to the missing files.

That said, feel free to send a fix patch ;)

thanks,