[alsa-devel] journalctl suggests I report Bug to ALSA developers

P.W. Pulto pwpulto at studiopulto.org
Sat May 21 10:45:47 CEST 2016

Dear ALSA developers,

Having a problem with my Sennheiser DW Pro 2 Dect Headset, I looked in
the journalctl. It suggested I report a bug to the ALSA developers.
I have no idea if this would be a "kernel driver bug" or an "other ALSA
bug". Hopefully I'm at the right address.

The problem occurs when I take the headset off the base station and a
connection between base station and headset is established.

My ALSA-info:
-------------------
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=2eaeea040fef7cc2476c239e1fec90dd2bf4eea8

The journalctl output:
-----------------------------
journalctl  --no-pager --since "25 min ago"

May 20 09:05:34 studiopulto-ubuntu-1 pulseaudio[2098]: [alsa-sink-USB
Audio] alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but
there was actually nothing to write!
May 20 09:05:34 studiopulto-ubuntu-1 pulseaudio[2098]: [alsa-sink-USB
Audio] alsa-sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver
'snd_usb_audio'. Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
May 20 09:05:34 studiopulto-ubuntu-1 pulseaudio[2098]: [alsa-sink-USB
Audio] alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a
subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.

Hopefully this is sufficient information. Obviously you welcome to ask
for missing info!
Kind regards,

P.W. Pulto

--