[alsa-devel] Wolfson 5102 on Beaglebone Black using ALSA

Clark Dunson cdunson at gmail.com
Sun May 15 00:16:18 CEST 2016

Hey everybody!

We have been working on integrating the Wolfson 5102 codec with the Beaglebone Black.  We’ve made pretty decent progress, got the arizona code in kernel 4.4 registering the wm5102 as ALSA sound card (both player and recorder), have McAsp0 as 24.576 MHz clock source, and have 12 IRQs showing up in /proc/interrupts.

We have been working with sound{compatible = "simple-audio-card”}, but now have hit our first real question.  sysclk is hard coded to ‘0’ under simple-audio-card, and we had to hack the kernel and change that to ‘1’ to achieve ALSA sound card registration.  We’d all like for this work to proceed without having to hack the kernel, and wondered if one of you might recommend another approach or selection for device tree sound{compatible} that might work out better?

Thanks!

Clark