[alsa-devel] WM5102 - Help to make baytrail machine driver work

Charles Keepax ckeepax at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri May 13 13:41:36 CEST 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:54:55PM -0300, Paulo Sergio wrote:
> Hi again

> > 'HPOUT1R Input 1' 'Tone Generator 1'
> >
> > This will hook the right headphone channel up to the chips
> > internal 1k tone generator. Careful it will be loud, but its
> > a good check to make sure the clocks are all happy inside the
> > chip. If you hear that tone, I would say the CODEC side looks
> > happy, but let me know how you get on.
>
> We tried, but unfortunatelly no tone when hooking the tone generator.
> Saved dmesg, logcat and alsa_amixer output in case you want to take a look [2]

Hmm... that is really odd, I would very much have expected that
to work or the FLL to have given us a lock timed out error, which
it didn't appear to be from your log.

Could perhaps send through a register dump of the CODEC whilst in
this state? You can do this through the regmap debugfs it would
be good to turn cache_bypass on as well whilst doing it to make
sure we capture the actual hardware status.

> I'm still having this message on logcat:
> "out_write: error -1 - cannot prepare channel: Device or resource busy"
> which happens when trying to ioctl
> SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_PREPARE to /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
>
> Maybe the problem is something wrong/missing on Machine Driver...
> Pierre said It would be good base the code on bytcr_5640...

Yeah this is pretty unlikely to be coming from the CODEC side.

Thanks,
Charles