[alsa-devel] ADAU1761 default register value problem

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Wed May 11 17:16:46 CEST 2016

Hi Lars,

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:

> > A while ago I posted a question to the list regarding the default values
> > set up for the ADAU1761 (and similar CODECs),

Having researched this further, it appears that commit

27d6e7d1c96c9f51379e0feb972fec26029098bc

ASoC: adau17x1: Cache writes when core clock is disabled

actually fixes this problem, at least for the ADAU1361 and ADAU1761. I'm
no expert at the regcache mechanism, but it looks as if when the regcache
is synced when the bias level goes from OFF to STANDBY, it actually writes
out all the values including the default ones (verified by adding trace
printouts, and also by verifying that my original problem of the codec
misbehaving after reconfiguration after reboot is no longer there).

Thus there is no apparent need to separately write out the default values,
unless I have missed something (which is not unlikely...).

Sorry I missed this commit earlier, I was working with a kernel that was
not the latest, and initially didn't think the commit would help, as I
incorrectly assumed it wouldn't write out the default values as a result
of a sync operation, just as it wouldn't write them out if the cache was
enabled.

/Ricard