[alsa-devel] iMX6UL EVK with kernel 4.6

Petr Kulhavy brain at jikos.cz
Sun May 1 20:59:35 CEST 2016

On 01/05/16 20:47, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Petr Kulhavy <brain at jikos.cz> wrote:
>
>> Hi Fabio,
>>
>> and did that work for you?
>> In my DTS file I made a few more changes, see below.
> No, as explained in my earlier e-mail the system hangs after running aplay.
>
> However, the same hang happens with NXP kernel.
>
> Have you tried setting bit20 of GPR1 register?
>
> Which NXP kernel did you use that provides audio functionality on mx6ul-evk?
I have not tried setting the bit 20 of the GPR1 register. How would that
be set?

Both the 3.x and 4.1 work for me. However you need to set the headphone
volume to non-zero and especially the pcm output mixer (unmute),
otherwise the audio path is not routed through and the codec is switched
off due to power saving (and generates no bclk and lrclk).
This confused me as well, but after setting the mixer playback stasrts
working with the Freescale kernel.

Petr