[alsa-devel] ASoC: Machine Driver Interaction with Codec Drivers

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Wed Jun 8 21:14:01 CEST 2016

Hi,

No this is currently not really supported. There were some ideas for this a
long long time ago, but it never got implemented. And today basically
everybody takes care of hiding the controls from userspace.

That does not mean it does not make sense to have such a feature, but it
needs somebody with a motivation to implement it.

- Lars