[alsa-devel] ASoC: sgtl5000: SMALL_POP and loud click noise 5 secs after playback stopped

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Tue Jun 7 01:52:32 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 12:00:26AM +0200, Clemens Gruber wrote:

> since commit b101acfabc9377469af3abfb7cb63112da367284 I can hear a loud
> click / pop noise, always occuring 5 seconds after playback stopped.

Please include human readable descriptions of things like commits and
issues being discussed in e-mail in your mails, this makes them much
easier for humans to read especially when they have no internet access.
I do frequently catch up on my mail on flights or while otherwise
travelling so this is even more pressing for me than just being about
making things a bit easier to read.

> Axel: Did changing SGTL5000_SMALL_POP to 1 remove a click/pop noise on
> your board or did you just notice the error with the mask argument of
> snd_soc_update_bits and fixed it?

I would be very surprised if Axel has one of these boards, he does a lot
of cleanup work based on code/datasheet analysis.  I suspect it's more
likely that the chip feature simply doesn't work properly and we're
better off not using it.