[alsa-devel] CIP Discontinuity with snd-firewire-digi00x

lin-alsa at noblejury.com lin-alsa at noblejury.com
Sun Jun 5 00:30:36 CEST 2016

All,

I've been working to set up a Digi002 Rack mixer with Jack using the Alsa
backend. Unfortunately, the mixer seems to desync or something after a few
minutes - hours. dmesg gives me `snd-firewire-digi00x fw1.0: Detect
discontinuity of CIP: XX XX` with XX XX replaced with various hex pairs.
I'm not sure how to debug this, and any help would be much appreciated.
Also, cat /proc/asound/card1/firewire/clock gives
`Optical mode: adat
Sampling Rate: 88200
Clock Source: internal` so I don't think it's an external clock issue.

Lin