[alsa-devel] hda-intel: ALC1150 (alc882 patch) produces constant noise on line-out port

Maximilian.ammann maximilian.ammann at protonmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:23:58 CEST 2016

Hello,

I experienced weird behaviour on my "ASUS MAXIMUS VII RANGER" which has
a realtek soundcard with the ALC1150 codec. The problem is that if the
patch_882 is enabled I get a constant noise on the line-out port.
I started experienced and noticed that when using the generic model the
problem disappeared. Therefore the problem also disappeared when
removing the folowing line in sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c:

HDA_CODEC_ENTRY(0x10ec0900, "ALC1150", patch_alc882),

I really would like to know whether this behaviour is expected or how I
(myself) could fix it by creating a patch.

alsa-info.sh output:
Without alc882 patch:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=3fdf926c64a02273e0e68035eeb94282ca44a
7df
With alc882 patch:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=336755aab10811bb0af5440dbda7b9cda3d9b
116

Thansk in advance, if possible it would be awesome if you could provide
me some tips since I really would like to fix it myself as my very
first patch.

Max