[alsa-devel] Applied "ASoC: Intel: add bytct-rt5651 machine driver" to the asoc tree

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 1 00:26:30 CEST 2016

On 5/31/16 3:56 PM, Pietro wrote:
> Hi,
> Here are the answers:
>
> - tracing to make sure you are actually on a CHT device
>   The device should be CHT (The processor is an Atom X3-Z8300). Can it be that the processor is an X3 series, but the platform is BT and not a CHT? I know many manifacturers simply upgraded their notebooks series from BT to CHT by changing the CPU and mantaining all the other components the same (For example the Audio codec).
>   How can I trace this?

you see a lot of references to cherrytrail-cr and 22A8, the right ID.

> - pastebin dmesg somewhere
>   Here is it: http://pastebin.com/FnpAD1kg

You have lots of errors or warnings in there. Not sure why, i have
machines that don't behave as badly.

I am not sure why using the CHT firmware leads to an error, somehow you
probably have a combination of issues. I would really start there, if
the regular firmware doesn't work for you something is very wrong.

> - sudo cat /sys/bus/acpi/devices/10EC5651:01/status
>   Here are the results:
>   /sys/bus/acpi/devices/10EC5651:00/status
>     Returns 15

this matches what the machine driver expects so that's good.

>   /sys/bus/acpi/devices/10EC5651:01/status
>     Returns 0
>
> - enabling DSP loopbacks to see if the DSP consumes data at the right  rate. look at the UCM file and change cset "name='pcm1_out mix 0 pcm0_in Switch' off" to on if you record and loopback on USB output this should play at the right speed.
>   I've changed the value in the HiFi file, but no changes.
>   How can i enable DSP loopbacks? I'm not an alsa developer so I need some help here :)

you need to record to enable the loopback while you play...

> Please let me know if you need other informations.

can you extract the DSDT and pastebin it as well?