[alsa-devel] Is this bug ? dev_set/get_drvdata() of rtd

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Jul 27 12:47:41 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 03:25:41AM +0000, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

> I think device data of "rtd->dev" is set as "rtd" on soc_post_component_init()
> by using dev_set_drvdata(),
> and many soc-core functions are based on it (= they are using dev_get_drvdata())

> But, soc.h has snd_soc_pcm_set_drvdata().
> device data of rtd->dev will be overwrite by this function ?
> But is this OK ? or bug ?

Looks like a bug, I suspect there's some confusion caused by old code
expecting there to be a soc-card device there and getting confused.

> static ssize_t codec_reg_show(xxx)
> {
> 	struct snd_soc_pcm_runtime *rtd = dev_get_drvdata(dev);
> }

We can probably kill this file now, everything is on regmap now.

> static ssize_t pmdown_time_show(xxx)
> {
> 	struct snd_soc_pcm_runtime *rtd = dev_get_drvdata(dev);
> }

These ones will need a bit more looking at, they probably want to be on
the card using the card device I think.