[alsa-devel] Could I put a patch to 4.7 final?

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Thu Jul 21 22:48:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Jul 21 2016 14:13, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 05:12:10 +0200,
> Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
>>
>> Iwai-san,
>>
>> Yesterday, I found an user of additional OXFW device, and we're under
>> testing a patch to support it.
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/ffado/mailman/message/35229260/
>>
>> I need one day more to post corresponding patch. The prototype is:
>> https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve/commit/690a2419fc95766826c8d2c0964f6f099f9d65bd
>>
>> This week is final week for 4.7, but do I have a rest to add the patch
>> to it in time of your work for mainline?
>
> If the patch is a regression fix or a stable fix, I can queue it for
> 4.7-final.  Others will go to 4.8-rc1.

We have similar issue before.
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2016-January/103167.html

I think this is a case of the 'simple addition of device IDs'.

> I'm going to send a pull request tomorrow, so please submit in time.

OK.

Probably, the model has unique quirk to lose quality of PCM substream of
current ALSA OXFW driver and I predict the patch is not in time of your
work.

Anyway, today, I wait for the tester's report.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto