[alsa-devel] Verification of settings

Rob Nertney rob at rob-otics.com
Tue Jul 12 04:00:04 CEST 2016

Related question:

Once I have copied my data from PING into dma_area, and called
snd_pcm_period_elapsed, can I assume arecord has consumed that data by the
time i finish writing PONG, calling snd_pcm_period_elapsed, and hit the IRQ
to recopy PING?

in other words, what/where is the guarantee that arecord has consumed the
data in dma_area, such that the user can rewrite to it?