[alsa-devel] Improving status timestamp accuracy

Alan Young Alan.Young at IEE.org
Fri Jul 8 17:03:32 CEST 2016

On 07/06/16 07:44, Alan Young wrote:
> I'll work on developing and testing a patch for consideration before
> coming back to the last. It will be easier to discuss the merits or
> otherwise of my proposal with a concrete, working patch to consider.

Well, it has been a few weeks but this is what I have come up with.

It is not perfect because of the issue noted in the comments but so far
I have not been able to discover any downside. It many (most) cases, the
reported delay (and audio_tstamp) is more accurate than it was before.
In other cases there is no change.

Alan.