[alsa-devel] ASUS STRIX sound card quiet microphone (like, really quiet ...)

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Tue Jul 5 11:39:20 CEST 2016

auspicious at inventati.org wrote:
> On 05/07/2016 07:19, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>> auspicious at inventati.org wrote:
>>> I currently am using an ASUS STRIX RAID DLX sound card. It contains the following processor:
>>> C-Media USB2.0 6632AX High-Definition Sound Processor (Max. 384KHz / 24bit)
>>>
>>> the microphone bit has always been troublesome.
>>> it started working but it is incredibly quiet.
>>
>> You did not mention mixer controls.
>> Does it have any?  (Try alsamixer.)
>
> Attached image in the attachment

That "Input Gain" looks OK.
Does it actually work?  Does it make the mic input quieter?

It's possible that there is some vendor-specific stuff that the
USB audio driver does not know.  Does it work in Windows with
Microsoft's generic USB audio driver, or does it need a custom
driver from Asus?

Regards,
Clemens