[alsa-devel] CherryTrail SST firmware limitations query

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 28 19:05:38 CET 2016

>>> Are there any other limitations that I may need to be aware of in
>>> the firmware (or in the SSP back-end driver) when attempting to
>>> connect a new codec (TI PCM5122 initially) to SSP0.
>> Bigger pole will be getting the firmware. Usually we support I2S and TDM
>> modes
> Thanks very much for your reply, Vinod!  That probably explains why I'm
> seeing clock signals from SSP0 but no audio data.
> Can you tell me who I could contact to request SST firmware for CHT with
> SSP0 support?

This doesn't make sense to me. To the best of my knowledge the firmware
does support SSP0 but in a limited configuration compared to SSP0. It
should work for regular 48kHz audio in I2S mode but not in TDM mode. If
you see clock signals on SSP0 and no data then it's probably because the
DSP routing controls are incorrect.
The best fix would be to use SSP2 really to get all the functionality.