[alsa-devel] Question about device recovery when under/over run error case

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Wed Jan 20 02:17:29 CET 2016

Hi Sakamoto-san

> Could I request you to explain about usage of this lock primitive in SoC
> with a few cores (i.e. 2) when dts allows the driver to handle several
> PCM substreams and userspace applications try to use the PCM substreams
> almost the same time?
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/sound/soc/sh/rcar/core.c#n501

Your concern is that my driver is using "trigger", and it will be called
from several context.
Indeed, one side might be locked if few substreams are used in same time,
because it is using shared lock.
But, I think I need to use it since it is using shared register.
And, I'm confusing that what is the problem in this case ?
Do you mean I shoudn't use "trigger" ?