[alsa-devel] Discarding the first few frames inside the kernel

Ankhit Vivekananda ankhit.vivekananda at biscotti.com
Mon Jan 18 19:21:33 CET 2016

Hello All,

I am interfacing the ICS43432 MEMS microphone with McBSP interface. The
data sheet of the ICS43432 microphone shows that it takes about 4.5ms
(16kHz sampling rate) for startup. Because of this, I hear a transient
noise at the beginning of every stream. Is there in any way I can discard
the frames inside the kernel space itself before reading the samples using
snd_pcm_readi() call?

I was able to mute the first few frames after the readi() call, but would
want to know if I could do it before the readi() call itself inside the
kernel space.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Ankhit