[alsa-devel] sound: use-after-free in snd_timer_interrupt

Dmitry Vyukov dvyukov at google.com
Fri Jan 15 16:28:33 CET 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> So you're running this in parallel?  Or a tight sequential loop?
> I did the latter, and I tried even this on a bare metal, but couldn't
> trigger the Oops, so far.

Yes, I run it in parallel using:

$ go get golang.org/x/tools/cmd/stress
$ ./stress -p 8 ./a.out

But it just keeps 8 parallel processes running.

> Meanwhile, I pushed the tree including all fixes at for-linus branch:
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git for-linus
>
> It'd be appreciated if you can test this one.

Is it different from the patches you mailed? I keep several dozens
fixes for bugs that are not yet merged into Linus tree + own kcov
patch. It is not easy to rebase...
Here is what I now have for sound/
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/dvyukov/dc29dbfd320126285fd8/raw/e2ca7b59c0dc118045f9fb4e3d052cbc751e787e/gistfile1.txt