[alsa-devel] PCM3168 alsa driver for beaglebone black

Pablo Fonovich pablo_f_7 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 6 01:35:12 CET 2016

Hi:
I'm working in a project of making an audio cape for beaglebone black with pcm3168 codec... so far i've written the driver i've attached based on pcm1681.c available in linux kernel.
Im a noob in this subjets, so i would like to know how can now make it work in my custom system for the beaglebone.
I followed the guide in this link http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Sitara_Linux_Audio_DAC_Example, but it makes me write the ops and hw structures that i already have in my pcm3168.c file, in the davinci_evm.c file.

The drivers compiles and is detected at boot time, as it says in the guide. But when i type aplay command to play some wav, the message "ALSA lib pcm.c:2267:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
aplay: main:722: audio open error: No such file or directory" appears, so i'm missing something...

I don't knwo if this post belongs to this list, but any help would be great...
If some docummentation about writing a driver for an embedded system is available, please tell me...
Also, if someone can suggest me some guidelines of work i would be grateful, cause i just can't get organized with the information i found

Thanks very Much...

Pablo