[alsa-devel] Creative ca0132 on Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 motherboard: no sound

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Sun Feb 28 03:47:23 CET 2016

Hello,

Didn't see a response on alsa-user, so thought I'd better roll up my
sleeves and get to work. :)

The ca0132 codec seems to do everything on my Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
motherboard but make sound.  I can see the mixer settings, change them,
even see the DSP settings -- but no sound out, either with HP or SPDIF.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=6373811de293125e4e8c345c0c2d4a736c1fc2b8

I do see this in the startup messages:

[    9.314893] snd_hda_intel 0000:01:00.1: Handle vga_switcheroo audio
client
[    9.321116] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: failed to add i915 component
master (-19)

I've tried all the fixes I could find reference to, as well as using
iecset, but no joy.  I also tried editing the driver to disable the
"vga_switcheroo" flag, but that didn't work either.  (Which is too bad,
I thought that would be a quick fix that I could report. :/ )

If someone could point me in the right direction, I think I can
investigate this and get it working.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

 -Scott